Global Insight Conferences is a rapidly-expanding and highly entrepreneurial conference company. We only employ individuals who are passionate about conferences, passionate about their personal growth and performance and passionate about being the best.
Our Team Is Our USP! We are a fun and exciting team, where everyone counts, and everyone’s say is important. We are looking for ambitious individuals who want to join us and grow our rapidly expanding conference company with us. We love innovation and new ideas and will welcome your ideas - even on your first day! We have a hard-working, supportive and fun atmosphere and we are looking for positive individuals who want to make their mark and really contribute to the success and quality of our market-leading conferences. Our industries and topics are varied – you will never be bored or stuck in the same old industry!
Current Vacancies At Global Insight Conferences
Do you see yourself running a conference, troubleshooting at a live event, organising everyone on the day and loving the atmosphere and challenge of a room full of people you are in charge of? Do you love checklists, organising, communicating and the satisfaction of being the organisational centre of an event? Can you see yourself meticulously preparing conference materials, liaising with speakers, sponsors and delegates and making sure everything is just right?
Global Insight Conferences requires a positive, confident and professional graduate with first class communication, organisational and customer service skills to run business conferences as well as manage customer services. You will need to be computer literate, proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Office as well as a be a positive self-starter, quick to learn and able to turn your hand to any task cheerfully, whilst hitting tight deadlines.
This fun, friendly and warm team is expanding so if you’re a bright, organised, well presented and a high-energy individual, we’ll be committed to help drive your career forward.
The Conference Co-Ordinator responsibilities include:
• Organising and running events from start to finish • Onsite troubleshooting and innovations • Liaising with sponsors, speakers and exhibitors and venues • Liaising with customers on the phone and taking registrations • Issuing invoices • Chasing payments • Post-conference evaluation and follow-ups • General administration
We require an eloquent, confident and professional individual with first class verbal and written communication skills to recruit and manage our sponsors and exhibitors. At Global Insight Conferences, quality is our aim in every aspect of our work and our differentiator is having that personal touch. We stand out from the crowd due to our attention to detail, our care and concern for all of our delegates, speakers and sponsors and our outstanding products that deliver time and time again. We are passionate about what we do and we are looking to grow the company around equally passionate and ambitious people – could that be you?
This is an exciting role for someone wishing to make a massive impact in a growing company, so if you’re a bright, tenacious, well presented and a high-energy individual, we’ll be committed to help drive your career forward. You’ll need to be comfortable dealing with senior decision makers professionally both on the telephone and face-to-face. We are sourcing a real go getter, so you’ll need a great entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy interacting with people and ready to go the extra mile for our sponsors and exhibitors. If you’re goal oriented, hardworking, excited to hit the phones and find new business, you will have the opportunity to earn high levels of commission. You’ll be responsible for selling both new and established conferences within a wide variety of industries. The role includes:
1. Understanding new topics, industries, market audiences and potential suppliers quickly.
2. Identifying the key sectors to sell into and building and maintaining a healthy pipeline of qualified leads.
3. Exceeding agreed revenue targets for each conference and maximising revenue from each brand-new deal as well as previous sponsors.
4. Account management of current clients including forward selling and creating strong relationships with senior-level decision makers.
5. Making between 80- 120 calls a day.
6. Writing bespoke sponsorship packages as well as some marketing and copywriting.
7. Arranging and conducting face-to-face client meetings.
8. Working closely with the marketing, production and operations team.
9. Running the conference and exceeding clients’ expectations on the actual day of the conference.
Exciting Marketing Opportunity/Trainee Events Conference Producer
Be responsible for the creation of an event from the very beginning! A rare opportunity has opened up for this exciting position producing conferences in marketing, social media, digital communications, food and drink, charity, finance, pharmaceuticals, HR and much more. If you love organising, researching, creative writing and are a commercial, positive, ambitious, high-energy self-starter – then this is the place for you! This graduate position is the creative force of the conference and will be in charge of shaping the agenda and speaker line-up.
This job role includes:
- In-depth telephone/desk research into target markets, hot topics, key trends
- Writing sales-orientated agendas
- Writing copy for marketing campaigns
- Creating databases
- Influencing and recruiting speakers on the telephone and face-to-face
- Liaising and organising the speakers on the actual day of the conference
You will need to have:
- A professional, calm, courteous and friendly manner
- A commercial mind and determination to succeed
- An excellent eye for detail, experience in proof reading is an advantage
- A pro-active, positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Maturity and versatility
- Problem solving, self-motivation and initiative
Please note that this role is not for party planning or event organising, rather the research and product development side. The successful graduate will have a minimum of six months’ work experience (no conference/event experience necessary) and a strong academic record. Minimum 2.1 degree required.
If you are interested in applying for an internship with us, please email email@example.com.
At Global Insight Conferences, quality is our aim in every aspect of our work and our differentiator is having that personal touch. We stand out from the crowd due to our attention to detail, our care and concern for all of our delegates, speakers and sponsors and our outstanding products that deliver time and time again. We are passionate about what we do and we are looking to grow the company around equally passionate and ambitious people – could that be you?
Only graduates with first class or high upper second degree should apply. You’ll need to have a minimum of six months’ work experience, not necessarily within the events industry, be hardworking, have a great eye for detail and be able to handle yourself professionally on the phone and face-to-face. The team is small and expanding, so if you're ready to make your mark and start a serious career in business conferencing, send us your CV today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.
We reward hard work and results and make innovation and creativity a key performance indicator.
We seek exceptional people to work in our dynamic, exciting and constantly challenging environment. A positive, can-do attitude is an absolute must as is a vision for creating conferences seeped in quality and for creating experiences for our clients that are personal to them and help them achieve their objectives.
We will challenge you to be the best you can be. If you need to be pushed to work at your best, then Global Insight Conferences is not the place for you. If you strive to always perform at your peak, then you will be encouraged, trained, supported and driven by our entrepreneurial and energetic workplace.
Opportunities for career progression at Global Insight Conferences abound. We are growing rapidly and will shape the business around the skills and personalities of our key staff. We will provide the launch pad, but your career is in your hands.
We are fast-paced and innovative and are looking for individuals who can not only keep up, but lead the way.
Our workplace is a dynamic, fun place to be. Hardworking, yes, passionate, yes, exciting, yes, open to new ideas, yes, and therefore a great place to work and grow.
Current vacancies at Global Insight Conferences
We are not a traditional conference company, so stand out from the crowd and tell us what you could do for us and with us. Please send your CV and something to grab our attention to email@example.com.